Episode 164 – Definitively Ranking Metroid: Other M!
The most controversial Metroid game of all time returns to ignite debate and discussion, as this week, Andy and Dak are Definitively Ranking Metroid: Other M! We weigh in on the story, the gameplay, the music, and more to see where Other M went wrong, and more importantly, what areas the game excels at! Come play along, and as always, here’s the criteria for the Definitive Rankings:
- World / Atmosphere (the vibe, the setting, the mood)
- Art Style (design of Samus, the enemies, the graphics in general)
- Story (what works, what doesn’t)
- Pacing / Progression (are there any parts that really bog the player down, or is it still fun getting lost?)
- Gameplay / “Gimmick” (what new or different gameplay aspects we like)
- Items / Abilities (how are the powerups and are they cool and practical)
- Areas (how does each individual area look, feel, play, etc.)
- Enemies / Bosses (are they fun, creative, etc.)
- Expansions / Powerups (are the expansions hidden throughout the world fun, creative, and enjoyable to collect?)
- Music (are we humming along?)
Of course, all of these are subjective, and we’re putting our critics hats on, but we want to hear what you have to say on Twitter!
Podbean x iTunes x Spotify x YouTube
Support us on Patreon!
Buy Omega Metroid Merch!
Check out our Etsy merch shop!
Download the Omega Metroid Theme Song!
Get the Single for Free on Bandcamp!
Follow us on Twitter!
@OmegaMetroidPod x @Spiteri316 x @dakcity_ x @DoominalCross
Chat with us in Discord!
Advertise on the Omega Metroid Podcast!
Andy Spiteri is the Webmaster of Omega Metroid and Host of the Omega Metroid Podcast, The Zelda Cast, and Virtual Theater. Probably drinking a Tim Horton’s Double Double as you read this.