Welcome to the second installment of Definitive Ranking, the series where we take ten categories that really make a Metroid game and rank them 1-5. Up this time? Metroid Fusion! While the first time round with Prime 2: Echoes, the guys had pretty similar perspectives, they couldn’t be more opposite in Fusion!
Come listen and see where you fall, and get ready for next week as we’re hosting our first ever Omega Metroid Discord AMA!
Just as a refresher, the categories we’re ranking each game in are:
– World / Atmosphere (the vibe, the setting, the mood)
– Art Style (design of Samus, the enemies, the graphics in general)
– Story (what works, what doesn’t)
– Pacing / Progression (are there any parts that really bog the player down, or is it still fun getting lost?)
– Gameplay / “Gimmick” (what new or different gameplay aspects we like)
– Items / Abilities (how are the powerups and are they cool and practical)
– Areas (how does each individual area look, feel, play, etc.)
– Enemies / Bosses (are they fun, creative, etc.)
– Expansions / Powerups (are the expansions hidden throughout the world fun, creative, and enjoyable to collect?)
– Music (are we humming along?)
Of course, all of these are subjective, and we’re putting our critics hats on, but we want to hear what you have to say on Twitter!
Follow us on Twitter!
Chat with us in Discord!
INTRO SONG – Listen here!
OUTRO SONG – Listen here!
Doominal Crossing is a Website Editor and Podcaster on Omega Metroid. You like Jazz?