Definitive Ranking makes its triumphant return to evaluate arguably the greatest Metroid game of all time – Metroid Prime! Andy and Doom dive deep into all ten categories, and no surprise, Metroid Prime scores high on almost everything! Come play along, and as always, here’s the criteria for the Definitive Rankings:
- World / Atmosphere (the vibe, the setting, the mood)
- Art Style (design of Samus, the enemies, the graphics in general)
- Story (what works, what doesn’t)
- Pacing / Progression (are there any parts that really bog the player down, or is it still fun getting lost?)
- Gameplay / “Gimmick” (what new or different gameplay aspects we like)
- Items / Abilities (how are the powerups and are they cool and practical)
- Areas (how does each individual area look, feel, play, etc.)
- Enemies / Bosses (are they fun, creative, etc.)
- Expansions / Powerups (are the expansions hidden throughout the world fun, creative, and enjoyable to collect?)
- Music (are we humming along?)
Of course, all of these are subjective, and we’re putting our critics hats on, but we want to hear what you have to say on Twitter!
Support us on Patreon!
Buy Omega Metroid Merch!
Follow us on Twitter!
Chat with us in Discord!
Andy Spiteri is the Webmaster of Omega Metroid and Host of the Omega Metroid Podcast. Probably drinking a Tim Horton’s Double Double as you read this.